In doing research for our 4th annual Steamboat All Mountain Ski Camp today, I found myself on Powder Magazine's website looking at Steamboat in three-dimensional glory from a view I have yet to experience up there, Birds' Eye.

I've flown over the mountain once on the way into Hayden, but the distance was still far and the speed was fast; this view is computer animated sure, and green in color, which although it's not winter-themed, it makes the trails stand out better. What an amazing way to look at the mountain. Try it out. It's somewhere between simulated Wing-Suit sky diving and Google Earth. Now all I need is a joystick until the hill opens... 14 days, 18 hours remaining.

And yes, it's been snowing off and on all day.

Posted by Andy Kennedy Tuesday, November 11, 2008

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe here

Our Weather