Today was no foolin', another deep, epic day in the 'Boat. I had resigned myself to sitting this week out, but after two days of watching Craig come home with that poo-eating grin, I decided I had better make a few turns in this "triple threat" storm myself.

Where Monday and Tuesday were cold, (infamous local Y-Von even told me she was actually SORE from shivering yesterday) today wasn't so bitter once you got off the peak; about 15-25 degrees warmer by the reports.

However you know what that means. The powder was dense. I of course, having missed the cream of yesterday, and riding on a fat board,didn't notice. While they struggled on skis in the Three O'Clock trees, I bombed down Twilight laughing all the way. They also hit the bumps on Lights Out, while I cruised past to Moonlight Trees. I know that's cliche, but yea "it was in the trees today." But it seemed that you had to pick the right treeline with a very steep pitch that hadn't been touched since about noon yesterday to get the full throttle of today's accumulation in your face.

So we continued on in search. I think next to Twilight, my favorite run today was Cyclone, but honestly even Rudy's at 8:38 with 4-5" on a glasslike groomer was scrumptious. Next we headed to Pony, where many had been. But again, if you knew where to look, it was there.

Now I know some of you are now thinking of cherry blossoms, golfing, cycling and camping... but we're still eating it up like frosty white cupcakes here in the hills. Our base is a ridiculous 110+'' and the storms show no signs of relenting soon. We'll be back up tomorrow for more.


See you In The Deep!

Posted by Andy Kennedy Wednesday, April 1, 2009

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe here

Our Weather