Happy Valentines Day!  It's another powder day in the Boat amigos y amigas, and we've been awarded for our patience, Pony Express opened today and Pioneer Ridge was amazing.  I only had about 90 minutes this morning, but enough for 3 sweet luscious laps in the Ridge, unfortunately without my Valentine, who got up there about an hour after I did.

But I didn't ride alone and made some turns In the Deep with Alicia (today's photographer, Steamboat native) and Peter, who has lived here since 1974 and therefore native as well. 

We started out with a lap up Four Points and down Cyclone and Drop Out, exploring the trees and about 10" of fresh, which has now pretty much covered up that ccrrrrrr sound beneath.  From Drop Out we headed right over to a newly opened Pony, which hasn't been open all year due to abysmal conditions, leaving the 16 or so in the last few days wide open for us, glorious us.  We went right to Fetcher's Glade and the bottom of Middle Rib, surfing and yipping like it was early season again.  Another lap up left me with little time to make my 10am Zero Waste meeting, so I did Cabin Fever to Longhorn to WJW- which I have always thought should be called WOW instead, and was tearing up at the return of winter. 

I must say, I'm glad I took yesterday off to work out and bulk up, because after 3 days of riding Friday-Sunday, my rudder leg was outright whining. 

A last note, it was clouding up around run two, and started snowing upon my descent down Valley View... and suffice it to say, it hasn't stopped snowing since!  BIG FAT FLAKES, tomorrow is going to be another beautiful powder day in the Boat.  Winter, we love you, thanks for sticking around.

See you In the Deep!


Posted by Andy Kennedy Tuesday, February 14, 2012

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe here

Our Weather